Friday, November 15, 2013

THEORETICAL books 1 - 3 by Nick Reynolds


Synopsis:  So much of this story line depends on reading the book so as not to give anything away all I will say is that each book specifically deals with time travel and a family of scientists/mathematicians who have figured out a way to travel both into the past and into the future.

My review:  Wow is all I can say.  My head is spinning and I mean that is the absolute best way possible.  Time travel stories always see to mess with me a bit but this one has really got me thinking.  Literally I am still sitting here trying to figure out this story.  I actually had to sit and write it down so I could place the people in the correct time frames and correct associations with each other.  After doing that my head is only spinning slightly less.  As far as short stories go, this is one of the best I have ever read.  I read this in pretty much one sitting, each story is no more than 20 or so pages, and each one just gets better and better.  Once I started this I wanted nothing more than to keep the story going, as fantastic as this was I am sad that it's over.  To me that is the definition of a great story.

So often for me when reading a time travel story the lack of cohesiveness and confusion that comes along with anything time travel related seems to take away from the story because so much is it does not make any sense or is so mind bending that its actually hard to think about.  Try reading All You Zombies by Robert Heinlein and call me in the morning.  What I love about Theoretical is that it all makes sense.  It's cohesive and it all comes together beautifully.  I love the ending of this book, I love how well Nick was able keep me captivated through three different interlocking stories and still blow me away with the ending.  Well done sir, well done!

The author Nick Reynolds is a pen name for Donald Wells, a rising author who has managed to grab my attention with his stories like an author has not done for quite some time.  I look forward to reading every word this man puts into print.

My rating: 10 (1st 10 rating on the blog to date!)
Pages: 59
Author website: http://www.donaldwells.com/nick-reynolds.html

1 comment:

  1. Wow!
    Thank you for the high praise, Bobby, and Nick thanks you too.
    I'm so glad that you enjoyed the story.

    ReplyDelete