Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Taken! Mega Box Set - Books 1-24 by Donald Wells


Synopsis:  A series of short stories revolving around a man who has homicidal tendencies only to be leveled out by one of his would be victims.  Jessica, was taken, tied up and about to be murdered when the killer has a change of heart and falls in love with Jessica.  It is though this love, that her now husband has been able to contain his tendencies and together they have become two of the best criminal profilers in the business.

My review:  I previously reviewed just books 1-6.  After reading this book I decided to buy all the remaining available books in one box set, so essentially on this post I am only reviewing books 7-24.  As I was reading the books 1-6 I thought that once you read the first story all other stories could be read independently from each other as individual short stories but as I continued to read I realized that even though these were called books they were really just chapters in a really long book and should definitely be read in order.  The stories, while they each have a beginning, middle and end, they are all very much connected to each other as well.  The author brings back characters from previous stories, entwines them yet again in the ongoing saga that is Dr. Jessica White and her husband's life.  I could not put this book down.  Each of these stories are fantastic.  After book 24 there were three novels written that also follow the same story line chronologically.  My plan is to read these three books before continuing with Taken! 25.  As of now there are also Box Sets 26-31 and 32-37 released in ebook and paperback form.  I am giddy with excitement.  I highly recommend that you read Taken! Box Set books 1-6 as soon as possible, you will not be disappointed.  It is available for free on Amazon or iTunes.

My rating:  9
Pages: 545
Author website: http://www.donaldwells.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for a fantastic review, Bobby. I'm so glad that you enjoyed TAKEN!

    ReplyDelete