Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Monsters by Peter Cawdron


Synopsis:  A meteor passes by earth leaving behind some kind of dust or debris that overtime changes all the animals into giant monsters.  Dogs the size of horses, ants the size of a human foot, leaving humans no longer at the top of the food chain.  As times goes on the monsters get bigger and there are less and less people.  Bruce and his son James must learn to fight off not only the monsters of the animal kingdom but also those monsters trying to take back claim of a world that no longer belongs to them.

My review:  I felt like this book was a bit slow going in the beginning but now I realize that a picture needed to be painted before I could appreciate the work as a whole.  After about 100 pages I could not put this book down.  I became a big fan of James and his view of the way the world should be.  There is quite a bit of story line going on throughout this book and I don't want to give away too much in the synopsis so I kept it as brief as possible.  One thing I really liked was how Peter, the author was able to describe the monsters, I could truly picture them in my mind.  In the end I just enjoyed the uniqueness of this whole story and while this is the first book I have read of Peter's it will definitely not be the last.

My rating:  7
Pages:  342
Author website:  http://thinkingscifi.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reading and reviewing Monsters. Your support is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete