Monday, January 6, 2014

How to Write a Novel: 47 Rules for Writing a Stupendously Awesome Novel That You Will Love Forever by Nathan Bransford


Synopsis:  This book contains 47 guidelines on how to develop characters, maintain plot, include conflict to keep the reader involved, deal with the stress of getting or not getting published, and basic writer tips for aspiring and already published authors.

My review:  I have decided to read several books on how to improve my writing skills this year.  This is a great tutorial for beginners and non-beginner writers.  This books lists reasons why conflict is important and how to keep the reader reading while making sure your characters are constantly conflicted and overcoming this conflict.  It gives specific ways to help maintain plot and with tips on what to an what not to do.  I loved that this book was so "user friendly" and easy to read and understand.  Being a complete novice to the writing world I found this a great guide and will definitely use it for reference when and if I ever sit down and write a book.  This book was recommended by an author I read all the time and I recommend this to anyone interested in improving writing skills or anyone who ever hopes to write a book.

My rating:  8
Pages:  150
Author website:  http://nathanbransford.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment