Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wick by Michael Bunker


Amazon synopsis:  
In WICK 1... a man walked out of New York City after Hurricane Sandy and fell off the edge of the earth...
In WICK 2: Charm School... a mysterious town explodes in violence and America is dealt a deadly blow...
In WICK 3: Exodus... the world is without power. You are on foot and have no home. Any stranger you meet may kill you... and normal is never coming back...
In WICK 4: One Word of Truth... Weeks after the world has been crippled by massive EMP attacks, nuclear weapons are used on major cities, and survivors grapple with a changed world that will never be the same again.


My review:  I have been sitting here for more then an hour and written four different synopsis's about this book and have finally decided to copy the synopsis from Amazon, just so we are clear the words written above are not my own.  This book is huge close to 600 pages with very small font type.  There is so much going on in each of these books that I literally cannot find a way to describe this book in one small paragraph.  I liked this book, I have loved every Michael Bunker book I have read so far and this one does not disappoint.  I did struggle through book two but read books three and four in just a few days.  Book one was phenomenal and the kindle version is free right here on Amazon.  If you want to get a taste read this first and the decide if you want to read the entire book.  It all started because I wanted to read Michael's book The Last Pilgrims which is the sequel to Wick even though Wick was written afterwards.  So I decided to start chronologically instead of in the order the books were written, which I never do.  But I felt in this scenario I needed to know pre-story beforehand.  I don't think I can convince my wife and her book club to read this book but if you want a great story about the end of the world, buckle in and prepare yourself for a story that will take to the end of the world (literally) and back.  I tip my hat to you Michael, well done and thank you.

My rating: 7
Pages: 572
Author website: http://journal.michaelbunker.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment