Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Futurity by Michael Bunker


Synopsis:  Malcolm is investigating/interviewing two different doctors that both have theories on time travel.  As he learns more and more about one of the doctor's in particular, Dr. Paulsen, he learns that not only has he been trying to find out information about the doctor and his work, but the doctor has selected him out of many others to be the one person who meets all the requirements for time travel.  As the technology progresses he finds out the he can travel to anywhere he wants at any time in the future, only the future though, time travel to the past is impossible.  As he travels into the future we see the world in many different states of being and what Malcolm does or does not do with that knowledge of the future weighs on him heavily.  It is one of these particular time stamps of the world that weighs on him the most, possibly thousands of year in the future.  You will have to travel with him to see how it all turns out.

My review:  I find that time travel books are often very confusing and difficult to read with all the back and forth, with the changes that traveling to the past can do to the future.  I often spend most of the time reading the book, actually thinking to myself "what the hell is going on now".  Well that was not this case with this book.  All the time travel is into the future, so there is no buttery effect to deal with, and there is no change the time line because of some changed event.  Michael does a great job of keeping the reader involved in the story, and keeps things in the realm of understanding.  I very much felt that everything he wrote about was possible at some point in time, and it all made sense to me.  I think Michael Bunker just kind of amazes me, I am fascinated by him.  He is an off grid farmer, living an almost Amish lifestyle, and its just strange for me to picture him sitting at his desk writing a book about futuristic time travel or zombies or pre-apocalyptic EMP attacks.  But he just does it so well, all of his books are amazing.  I will read anything this man puts in print.  Thank you very much Michael.

My rating:  7
Pages:  240
Author website:  http://journal.michaelbunker.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment