Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green


Synopsis:  Two terminally ill cancer patients fall in love.  Both young and intelligent and both fighting to find balance in a world that is anything but balanced.  Hazel knows she is going to die and does not want to put the pain of her death on her new friend, Augustus.  Augustus has already had one girlfriend die of cancer and she does not want to be the second.  As they work through these issues, they find a connection that will help them both through the impossibly tough times ahead.

My review:  This book was fantastic.  I love how John Green writes, each of the characters in the book are so different, its almost like I hear each person's words differently in my head.  He does a great job of giving each character his/her own personality and emotions.  Happy, sad, funny, he writes each of these emotions perfectly.  Even though this book is written for Young Adults, there is meaning here for all of us.  I just finished reading this today but I think I will like the book even more as time goes on, as I have more time to think about how this story ended, as I am able to talk about it with others.  This feels like one of the stories that gets even better with time.  One line that has stuck with me and will continue with me forever is "I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."  I mean that is just perfect writing.

My rating: 8
Pages: 313
Author website: http://johngreenbooks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment