Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks


Synopsis:  Max is a special boy, he may be Autistic or someone just with special needs but he has only one friend, Budo, his imaginary friend.  One day Max goes missing and no one knows how or why.  Has he been taken by someone, has he wandered off in the woods near school?  Budo, as Max's best and only friend makes it his goal, his mission to find Max at any and all cost.

My review:  I decided to read this book at this time due to some recent events in my life and wanted something light and easy to read.  Little did I know about this story.  While this book is about a boy and his imaginary friend it is also very much about death.  Budo is constantly wondering if one day he will die if Max stops believing in him.  Once I got into this book, more than 50 pages or so I could not put it down.  It was fantastic.  Not what expected from a book about an imaginary friend.  Few books have ever made me tear up but the very ending of this book was moving for me.  I felt the same emotion Budo felt when trying to save Max.  The author does an excellent job of putting you inside the head of both Max and Budo.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend this to anyone in a book club.  I think you will love it as well.

My rating:  9
Pages:  311
Author website:  http://matthewdicks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment