Monday, April 21, 2014

Legendarium by Michael Bunker and Kevin G. Summers


Synopsis: Legendarium is the place where all stories meet.  Any book or story ever written is stored in this library with doors leading from one story to the next.  Our two main characters are enlisted by some of the greatest authors in the world to protect and save the Legendarium.  These stories have shaped history simply due to the impact each story has had on future writers and readers.

My review:  Loved this book!  Read it in one sitting.  When I first heard about this book I didn't know how the Legendarium would work or how these stories would converge on each other.  Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised how well all of this came together.  I loved that we encountered characters from many different books, the Cheshire Cat, Moby Dick, and of course Bombo Dawson.  And what story doesn't benefit from a little Hemingway?  It also really struck me how much of an impact one book or story has on history, what would we be missing out on in this life if Moby Dick were never written?  How many authors were inspired by Hemingway, what if he decided to keep his stories to himself?  These books inspired others to write, which in turn inspired more and more books to be written.  That is an amazing concept that Legendarium clearly puts into focus.  Well done gentleman, well done!

I ordered this book directly from the authors so I could get a signed copy.  I must say this book is beautiful, the feel of it, the colors on the cover, I am so glad I have this one signed, definitely a collectors item.  I was halfway through another book when it came in on Friday but picked it up anyway on Saturday morning and read it in two hours.  Quite the wonderful Saturday morning read with a cup of coffee, next to a sleeping baby.

I loved how the book even incorporated some ideas about self publishing and independent authors.  I never knew how many great stories I was missing out on until I discovered this group of independent authors, Michael Bunker, Hugh Howey, Peter Cawdron, Donald Wells, to name just a few.  If you are looking for some interesting reads that are outside of what we consider mainstream books, check out any one of these guys, you will not be disappointed.

My rating: 8
Pages:  148
Author websites:  Michael Bunker - http://journal.michaelbunker.com/
Kevin G. Summers - http://www.kevingsummers.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment