Friday, December 6, 2013

Me Before You by JoJo Moyes


Synopsis:  Louisa is a twenty something girl, recently out of a job and looking for any work she can to help support her family.  While working with a recruiter an opportunity comes up to help look after a young man recently hurt in an automobile accident, Will Traynor, a former thrill seeking enthusiast, sky diving, bungee jumping, CEO quadriplegic who is now confined to a wheel chair and severely depressed.  Will cannot move his body below the neck other than some very slight movement in his fingers and requires 24 hour a day in home medical care.  Louisa, mostly due to the pay decides to accept this care taker position as long as she does not have wipe his bum.  She works with Will continuously with the hope of getting him out of the house and back into the world again, not only to lift his spirits but to try and bring back his previous zealous outlook on life.  She will find that in this short time how difficult this task is and more importantly just how difficult all of this is for Will.

My review:  Wow, a powerful book indeed.  I had no idea how this book was going to turn out.  Not just the ending but the story line itself.  This book was beautifully written and definitely a cutting edge story like I have never seen.  My initial fear with this book was that it would be what I call a "girly book", I was even hesitant to read it because of that fact.  I am not saying that I am opposed to girly books but I didn't want to end up with a sobbing romance novel.  This book was anything but that and still has me sitting here thinking about it.  This is definitely a book club style book, I can very clearly see a bunch of girls sitting around drinking wine talking about this book with tears in their eyes.  Highly recommended!!

My rating:  8
Pages:  369
Author website:  http://www.jojomoyes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment